Thursday, March 20, 2014

Orange you glad I didn't say banana?

Oranges. A hundred million pounds of oranges. That's what I started the day with. Something had to be done. Well, a lot of somethings.

I started by making some orangecello. It was morning and vodka + oranges seemed like a solid start.

(check back next month when I finish making the orangecello!)

Next up, I decided to make some citrus, lavender, & rosemary soap. I started by zesting 6 oranges and then adding in the rosemary from my last post. Here's how the soap turned out (once cured, it will be for sale on my Etsy site!)


Then, Blaise and I used the zested oranges to make juice. Is there anything better than fresh squeezed orange juice?!


We saved the pulp and we are going to be making rosemary & citrus scones tomorrow. 



Check back tomorrow night for the new recipe! I have some grapefruit marmalade cooking now, I'm hoping it will pair well with the scones. 

Somehow, we still have 5 oranges left over! Maybe I'll use them in place of baseballs...




No comments:

Post a Comment