Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Rosemary's Other Baby

I went to the store the other day and picked up some herbs, including a package of rosemary. I couldn't wait to get home and find a use for it! As I carried the groceries up to the house, I realized that I have three large rosemary bushes in the front yard. So, I'd spent a bunch of money on an herb that I already own too much of. Ugh.
I should mention, I also own a very powerful food/herb dehydrator. Double ugh.
After using my store bought rosemary in a pork roast, I decided to get to work on replenishing my supply. As I write this, the hand picked rosemary is drying in the dehydrator. I'm going to be using a bit of it to make some fabulous soap tonight.
I'm hoping to get the herb garden growing in the yard so that I can stop buying grocery store herbs all together. In the meantime, maybe I'll take a look around my house before heading to the store again ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment