Thursday, January 30, 2014

Cauliflower Power



The other night, I was really in the mood for comfort food. We were out of potatoes and knee deep in cauliflower. 




 I did what had to be done. I made the best damn mashed cauliflower EVER. :) The kid loved it and I licked my plate. We paired it with baked tilapia and fantastic salad. Try it and let me know what you think!

Ingredients:

2 heads of cauliflower, cut up
olive oil
seasoning (I used Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning)
1 package cream cheese, cubed (Philadelphia, of course)
1/4 cup milk
garlic powder
salt
pepper


What to do:

Preheat the oven to 350 F and grab out a great big, oven safe, casserole dish. Throw all of the cut up cauliflower in there and toss it around with a few tablespoons of olive oil and the seasoning. Don't be cheap with the seasoning. Once everything is glistening with olive oil and looks well seasoned, cover with foil and pop it in the oven for about 45-60 minutes, or until soft and delicious.
Next, put the soft and delicious cauliflower into your food processor, along with the cream cheese and milk. Pulse it up until it looks like mashed potatoes. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.

Enjoy!

xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment