Sunday, January 26, 2014

So, Fall ended.

I opened my front door the other day and realized I still had a Fall wreath hanging up. A wreath full of pumpkins…in the middle of January. I don't know how this happened. So, I figured I'd better get a head start on Valentine's Day and create a nice wreath for the door. Unfortunately, my husband has been on me about how much money I spend at the craft store. I knew I had to get creative with my creativity. Thus, I headed down to the dollar store and picked up some red and pink beverage napkins and some paper plates. Here's what happened:

First, I stapled the plates together.




Then, I got my napkins ready. I used beverage sized napkins, unfolded them, and cut them into quarters. I ended up using: a package (24ct) red napkins, a package of light pink, and two packages of dark pink. 

 


Next, I pinched each quarter in the center and twisted it a bit.
 


Then, I hot glued each napkin quarter to the plates until all the white was covered.




Finally, I attached a ribbon loop to the back for hanging, and voila!

 


 

I had a couple of red napkins left over, so I glued them to a ribbon loop and made a pretty ball. I ended up using it as a bow on a gift package, and it looked lovely!

 

Now, my door looks beautiful, I'm ahead of the game for Valentine's Day, and my husband is pleased that the whole project only cost $4 ;) Check back next month for my shamrock napkin wreath!

xoxo
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment