Thursday, April 24, 2014

Let's play a game

Seriously, how did a month go by already and I've posted nothing?! Ugh. So, let's play the catch up game.

Last week, my beautiful friend, Jolanda, invited me to a tasting at the soft opening of Guy Fieri's new restaurant at The Quad. Free food makes me happy. Delicious free food makes me so happy that I could dance on a table, without even needing tequila shots.
We started off with the Sashimi Won-Tacos; a fresh and crispy appetizer made up of fresh ahi sashimi, inside of wonton taco shells, and topped with mango-jicama salsa.


Next, we shared the Gnarly Greek Salad, Mayor of Flavortown Burger, Fireball Whiskey Wings, and The Motley Que Sandwich. The entrees were huge and DELICIOUS!!

Gnarly Greek Salad

Motley Que Sandwich

Motley Que Sandwich

We finished off with the most freaking amazing cheesecake that has ever existed. Light, fluffy, perfect cheesecake topped with potato chips, pretzels, and hot fudge. I LOVE this cheesecake. I need this cheesecake to be a permanent fixture in my daily diet. I don't say this lightly; I'm a self proclaimed cheesecake snob. I can't stop thinking about that cheesecake...



We washed everything down with some wonderful cocktails :)
Here is a link to the menu, so you can read up on the ingredients in each of the items :) http://vegas.eater.com/archives/2014/04/21/the-full-menu-prices-at-guy-fieris-vegas-kitchen-bar.php
While I find Guy Fieri's lingo, flavor saver facial hair, and backward sunglasses to be gigantically absurd, his food is seriously awesome. The service was incredible, the food was amazing, and the prices were pretty decent for a Strip restaurant. If you are in Vegas, you have absolutely got to eat here! While you're already at The Quad and parked in that awful parking garage, you may as well check out Frank Marino's Divas!


No comments:

Post a Comment