Thursday, May 3, 2012

When I was pregnant with Blaise, I had this romanticized idea of motherhood in my head in which once he arrived I would prepare 6 course gourmet meals from scratch, using all organic ingredients, 3 times daily. Ah, how stupid! Imagine spending that much time in the kitchen while a toddler tears the house apart!?! I give pioneer women a hell of a lot of credit. Admittedly, most days I do cook 3 meals. Most of these meals are from scratch and a lot of times with organic ingredients. But, some days are like today and consist of kettle corn for breakfast, McDonald's for lunch, and Tropical Smoothie for dinner. I did give Blaise milk and an orange so that he had some kind of nutrition. Besides, the smoothie he had was strawberry/banana; that totally counts as fruit (shut up, I know it really doesn't; throw me a bone!) The important part is that we had a super fun day playing with friends. I think I have the menu all set for tomorrow, but I'll worry about the that tomorrow. For now, I'm going to enjoy a glass of vouvray and catch up on some A-Team reruns on the DVR :)

xoxo
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment